Saturday 21 November 2009

Graphic Identity of the submited material

From the moment I use this blog as a process diary, I figure out that I have to upload a bunch of things I have done up to that moment, but I am the only one who knows about them. So we start with the graphic identity of the diploma.
I tried to develop a graphic identity closer to my subject. That immediately drove me to a childlike style.
I wanted the overall layout to be flexible, playful, creditable and conscious; playful and flexible as the main reference to the phenomenon of pedomorphosis and creditable and conscious as it is theoretical approach of the phenomenon.


As for the colours I use both in the blog and the final book are following the same principles of playfulness and flexibility. They have been selected carefully and confirmed by the books, interviews and articles of Leatrice Eiseman, Pantone's colour expert. (Eiseman, L. (2000). Pantone guide to communicating with color. Sarasota, Fla., Grafix Press.)

The font I chose Is Helvetica Neue Ltd Std for the printed material. I end up with this font, first because an unofficially poll around Diploma class set off winners Calibri and Helvetica.



Then I saw the flexibility of the two fonts, and Helvetica had more variations than Calibri. Both fonts though I believe they are playful, flexible and same time serious.


As for the web I have use Verdana which is the simplest and more reliable digital font.

No comments:

Post a Comment