Wednesday 17 February 2010

Making things clear and concrete.

During the last period I was feeling somehow a little confused. The reason was that during these months many things (theories, approaches, concepts) poped-up and I did not know how to connect them all together. In the first stage I have used extensively the pedomorphosis in it's biological and anthropological form. In a second level I have brought the emotional design discussion. And last (something i constantly avoided up to that moment, because of their extension and depth) the semiotics. Still the latest field I will simply applied partly and only as possible future investigations.
Yesterday I had a meeting with a beloved friend of me, who is studying linguistics. She managed through our argumentation to make me see what is what and where possible all come together (at least for the submission of my master). I am really grateful for that meeting. The last part now is only to put it down as concrete as I can and just give a great step for argumentation on childlike products.

*cross fingers*

Ps: i know that through this blog probably things look like a mess. The reason is that I have use this blog as kind of report on what I am doing. My schools regulations and the way the sensors judge the diplomas, most of the times demands a presentation of our process. There is also another problem that has appear the last semester, when actually AHO had to face the candidates blogging and the existence regulation of confidentiality of the diplomas up to the evaluation (something on which I do not want to take public position but I will try to follow it as much as I can). So for anyone who is really following the whole project and has problem to understand things or thinks that I lack coherent and I just throw ideas, please contact me. As for the findings I will try to give a glimpse of where the whole project has go in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angeliki.

    I'm an American artist looking for reference material on paedomorphosis, neoteny, and anthropomorphism, and I came across your blog during my search. Just thought I'd introduce myself, since you're got 5 followers and you likely know who each person is.

    Good luck with your thesis :)

    - Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Whitney! I hope you find interesting things around...soon I will focus on publicizing more details and ideas... see this confidentiality problem keeps me from posting all the process and findings. Hope you stay tuned and contribute with your comments (which are more than welcomed):)
    Thank you again!

    a

    ReplyDelete