Friday 23 October 2009

Reflections on an impostor's ideas


This month's Wallpaper* issue has as guest editors Karl Lagerfeld and Philippe Starck. They have been invited to design the cover of the issue and to present in 15 pages their visions of humans' future.
I have to admnit that Starck's vision has delighted me,something that has not happened before with Starck and his ideas.
In his introduction note he declines the role of the "ambassador" of life and he declares his new mission that is nothing than giving the platform he has been given to scientists and people that have something to say. It is amazing to hear that words from the man who put design in the stardom. I hope he will be faithful on his own words and continue the new adventures with the same passion and craziness that have characterized him up to now.
As for me and my diploma, his statement confirms my daring deed to go to design directions that are not the conventional and fashionable ones.
Thank you Mr. Starck!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment