Saturday 6 March 2010

Last findings-readings

As the thesis is taking its final form I have come up with some very interesting and the same time encouraging (for my own research process) articles. These articles have introduce me to scientific analytic tools that I was seeking for long time ago and I was unable to reach.
The International Journal of Design
gave me a very good insight to analytic tools like Principal Components Analysis and other kind of study measures concerning emotions, responses and products. That also made me evaluate my up to now research findings. The approaches I decided to follow was empirical ones and during the whole process I try to build them as much as scientifically I could. Seeing the articles at Journal of Design, I have a more clear understanding of how I can go further on with my theme. I also figured out that my empirical data and findings I have, even if they have not been analyzed with the assistance of questionnaires, interviews or workshops (as for example many of the articles have used to carry out experiments); still are extremely valuable material and it has been confirmed again and again with my Professors. I just hope that I will in the short future I will be able to carry out the research on that scientific level.

No comments:

Post a Comment